It's taken me a bit longer than I thought to get to this next entry. Been too busy unpacking, painting and getting the new marketing on track.
One of the things I've been working on is my 'Salt Spring Island Buyer's Guide', which I have finally almost finished. It's about 34 pages, and contains loads of helpful information about Salt Spring Island, and the real estate market here. Some of the stuff I've included is a pull-out map, Salt Spring Island real estate market statistics, island history, amenities, and a run down of the buying process in BC. I'm offering them up for free to anyone who thinks it might be useful to them. If you're interested in receiving one, just contact me today and I'll be happy to send one to you, again, free of charge or commitment. The first ones should be printed next week.
I promised to give a run down of the cost differences I have found between Salt Spring and Vancouver. Now, granted I am coming from one of the most expensive cities in North America, but I am still rather surprised at how much less expensive it seems to live over here, when island's are traditionally more affluent areas.
On Salt Spring, houses are much cheaper to buy (this alone makes the island more affordable that Vancouver), but more expensive to build (due to the added transport needed for supplies, and labour shortages from time to time). Gas is more expensive, but car insurance is much cheaper (due to the lowered chance of accidents) and parking is free almost everywhere. Most groceries are the roughly the same price as anywhere, although specialty foods are more pricey, mostly due to lack of demand.
All and all, we're finding the bottom line for living expenses to be lower than what we dealt with in Vancouver. Which is sure a relief for two people who thought paradise would cost an arm and a leg.
All the best - N


1 comment:
Hi Neacol, I hope you are ok. Please tell me how can i get one guide that you mentioned in your blog concerning the cost of living in Salt Spring? Thanks very much and good luck!!
Post a Comment