Sunday, December 2, 2007

Snowed in on Salt Spring

Hello Everyone,

Just a quick entry today.

Well, it's completely official - it's winter on Salt Spring. We had 10 inches of snow fall at our house last night (my parents, part way up a mountain, had 18!) and it's still falling heavily. Most stores in Ganges closed a little early yesterday to ensure their employees got home safe and sound - and it's a good thing too, we were having a tough time getting around in our 4 x 4.

The weatherman says it'll start raining later today and wash most of it away, but it's hard to believe right now, seeing the snow coming down.

Something I've been enjoying for the past hour is the multitude of phone calls we've been receiving and making. Everyone in the community seems to be checking in on relatives, friends and neighbors - making sure everyone has supplies and offering 4 wheel drive vehicle help to those who don't have them.

I know I keep harping on the subject, but it is just so nice to live in a small community again.

Drive safe - N


No comments: